Here are some tips on home fire safety.
* Inspect and clean your furnace every few months.
* Clean the dryer filter every week.
* Never use a BBQ inside.
* Do not use damaged or frayed electric cords or extension cords.
* Always place candles in a glass jar.
* Make sure heating appliances are installed and used in accordance with the manufacture's instructions.
* Never heat your home with a gas kitchen range.
* Use UL approved smoke detectors and replace batteries at least yearly.
* Test smoke alarms once a month.
* Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and inside bedrooms.
*Carbon monoxide(CO) is a gas that has no odor. CO gas is poisonous; it can make a person feel sick, and can be deadly. In the home, heating and cooking devices that burn fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide. Install an approved CO detector in your home.
* Develop an Emergency exit plan and an alternate exit plan. The most obvious way out of your home may be blocked by fire.